Friday 29 March 2013

Statement necklaces




I love how accessories can make or break an outfit. With the right accessories the simplest outfit can look fantastic. One thing I love in particular are the statement necklaces! Whenever I’m buying new necklaces I always end up buying them.
So I decided to take a few photos of some of my favorites and how I like to style them. I also decided to include some other necklaces, because well I love them!





Some tips for using a statement necklace:
  • Statement necklace tip #1: You should in general avoid wearing a statement necklace if your outfit already has prints or lots of colour. So keep it simple, and don’t overdo with bracelets, rings and earrings.
  • Statement necklace tip #2: The necklace should sit on or just under the collar bone, this is more flattering to the neckline and you don’t look like you’re choking.
  • Statement necklace tip #3: Bold colored necklaces looks amazing paired with white clothes. 
  • Statement necklace tip #4: Make your own necklaces by using old brooches.
  • Statement necklace tip #5: Make sure the neckline on your top is either lower or above the statement necklace. That way you won’t have to constantly fix it when the necklace gets behind the top.


Do you like statement necklaces? How do you style them?





No comments:

Post a Comment